Monday, January 08, 2007

Got Mac. Evaluating Unity3D.

The reality of web development, is that one code base must work on several platforms, Mac/Safari being one of them. I picked up an intel iMac last Friday, so that I can test my web code in Safari and Firefox in an OS X environment.

The iMac is a very tidy unit. I'd consider buying one even if I used it to just run Windows or Linux.

Of course, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a trial version of Unity 3D, and see if it's all its cracked up to be. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, though I have run through the first tutorial. It's well laid out, and easy to pick up, and produces good results. That's all I can really say at the moment. Hopefully I can get some more time in before the trial runs out, and post some nice screenshots!

No comments:

Popular Posts