- Make sure you have more ideas than talent.
- Hate the big publishers and anything mainstream.
- Join mailing lists with other Indie developers.
- Blog and write about awesome games you will make one day.
- Whine about scarcity of funding and lack of government handouts.
- When you eventually make "something", whine about the lack of sales.
- Whine about about the App Store being full of shovel-ware.
- Watch other developers make money. Call them sell-outs. They don't deserve the "Indie" badge.
- Rinse and Repeat.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Be an Indie Game Developer in 9 Steps.
So, you've created a car prefab using WheelCollider components, and now you can apply a motorTorque to make the whole thing move along. ...
When you start working with threads in your Unity3D project, you will discover that many things need to be done in the main loop. For exampl...
Thank to Adrian Boeing I was inspired this morning to hack together a ripple shader for Unity3D. Thanks for the math Adrian. You can see t...
Possibly slightly more correct lighting. The rim light is now only applied in the direction of the sun, rather than being purely based on v...
Step 1. Tell you team that everything must fit within 1920x1080 or 1024x768 or whatever resolution you like! Step 2. Surround all OnGUI met...
Often, when building a game, you need to test if objects are colliding. The objects could be spaceships, rocks, mouse pointers, laser beams....
import csv open("output.tsv", "w").write("\n".join("\t".join(e.strip() for e in i) for i in csv.rea...
Working with multiple threads is often a necessary evil. This is how I do it safely inside a Unity3D component. There are only certain time...
UniWeb now includes a tiny embedded web server which you can use to do crazy things. That is all.