Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Concurrency is Fun!

I find myself spending too much time building cool features for my scheduler. It's a real time and brain sink. :-)

I've just uploaded Fibra 1, which provides a plugin which lets tasklets spawn other tasklets, wait for other tasklets to complete, and spawn tasklets when the current tasklet terminates. This is very neat for building sequences of actions, and is much more natural than the way I used to do it.

I'd like to build functionality so that a tasklet can watch what another tasklet is producing, watch if it raises an exception etc. I've also got to replicate the non blocking yield magic I put into nanothreads.

1 comment:

Hyakugei said...

I just started reading the "programming Erlang" book by Joe Armstrong. Lots of good concurrency "stuff" in there!

Popular Posts