Sunday, June 03, 2007

Ubuntu + iMac = Greased Lightning

I haven't booted my iMac into Ubuntu Linux for a while, due to my newly discovered dependence on iTunes. However, I had to fetch some spreadsheets out of the Ubuntu system, which required me of course to reboot the iMac... select Ubuntu... yada yada.

Woah! I didn't know this machine could run so quickly! Hey, I've even got more eye candy in here! I had forgotten just how quickly Linux can run on an iMac. OSX feels like wading through treacle compared to this... Hmmm, why aren't I using Ubuntu full-time?

Ah. That's right. iTunes. And I still haven't got audio in Ubuntu to work correctly. (It needs max volume to barely hear any sound.)

I might upgrade to Ubuntu/Feisty and see if it resolves the issue.

Update: The upgrade is complete, but I'm still only getting very low volume audio. Looks like it's a known problem though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

iTunes runs on wine...

Unknown said...

Do you have only ubuntu on your imac? or dual boot? Any problem?

Popular Posts