Sunday, April 01, 2007

Particle Fun for Pyweek



My recent experiments with Particle Systems have come in handy for Pyweek.

I'm thinking of building something... using particles. :-)

This particular display is generated from mesh data. I'm thinking of creating ways of morphing the point cloud data using other mesh points, and maybe magnet attractors or something. I could even make it explode, or implode. Hmmm. How do I work this into a game?

Perhaps some kind of abstract shooter... or a weird puzzle game. Hmmm, still not sure what I'll do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been working with python and Pajek to map patents as three dimensional graphs. I would prefer using only python. However I haven't figured out how to optimize the graph without Pajek because of it's speed.

Do you have any pure python suggestions? The graphs are large with 30,000+ vertex and millions of edges.

thanks in advance,

greg

Simon Wittber said...

Wow, that is a lot of vertices. I've really only worked with much smaller sets of data, so I don't have the right experience to answer that question... sorry! :)

Popular Posts