Friday, August 17, 2012

The Secret Project

This is the complete schema for my current project. Of course, deliberately downscaled so you can't exactly see what is going on... :-)


I'm building most of the game server within PostgreSQL itself, using the plpython extension language. The game interface will be HTML, with a tiny bit of Unity3D visualisation. Having been out of the web dev game for some years now, I'm not sure of the best tech for exposing my database as a Web API, and I'm double unsure about what client side tech to use. Shouldn't we have a one click develop and deploy solution by now? :-)

5 comments:

Per Nissilä said...

What too are you using to draw those nice diagrams?

Simon Wittber said...

I'm using Navicat Premium, version 10. It really is a brilliant piece of software and I could not work without it.

Anonymous said...

Client tech: HTML, CSS, JavaScript?? Lol

Pete said...

On the client side I've been having fun with Coffeescript in the browser. I can't believe how much cool stuff you can get modern browsers to do.

Unknown said...

I'm very keen to hear how well this works out for you in practice, as it's something I've often considered trying myself. I've always wondered if the GIS extensions for Postgres would lend themselves well to a game :)

Popular Posts