Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Game Programming Fun

Over the last few years, I've had a lot of fun building simple games with some rather clever and talented friends. I've done few things which can rival the feeling of achievement I received from building these tiny little pieces of entertainment.

This video shows the highlights of some of our efforts.



I haven't had much time for personal projects lately, but I figured starting something, and working away at it slowly is better than not doing anything at all. I might even make the effort a bit more public, a but more open, so others can pitch in if they get interested.

The first thing I'm going to decide... is whether to base my networking code on Twisted, or risk using my own home grown FibraNet. :-)

6 comments:

dacresni said...

you did all this in python? impressive.

Pete Shinners said...

Based on my limited uses of Twisted, I'd say go for Fibranet!

Simon Wittber said...

vivacarlie: Yes, it is all Python. It's easy to make things impressive with good artists. :-)

Iven Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iven Stevens said...

Ahh, some great memories there. And just to think we only had a one week deadline. We've got to do something like that again. I reckon we do as you say, keep the project open and casual - Corsair's mood and universe had heaps of potential.

Simon Wittber said...

Definitely agree with you there. Stay tuned for more progress... :-)

Popular Posts